Amanda Chappell, the Engagement Officer for the Allegan County Community Foundation (ACCF), announced that ACCF has opened entries for the First Allegan County Photo Contest. “I am very excited about the contest and think it is a fun, unique way to learn more about the beauty of Allegan County while connecting with members of our community!”
ACCF encourages everyone to “help showcase the #AmazingAlleganCounty that we are lucky to work, live, and play in through your eyes. We are seeking photos that represent the beautiful people, places and things in our county, from the lakes to the forests, to the wildlife and more.”
The photo contest will run from August 18 to September 30, 2023. Submission can be made from Aug. 18 Sept. 14, 2023. Voting will run from Sept. 15-30, 2023. Winning photos will be showcased on the walls of the ACCF office in Downtown Allegan.
How to Get Involved
Submit your photo at https://woobox.com/i238fu?web=1&entry=1. Once your photo is approved by ACCF, it will appear in the gallery at https://woobox.com/i238fu. Submissions will be accepted August 18th through September 14th. Participants may submit one photo DAILY.
Voting begins September 15th at noon and ends September 30th at midnight.
To vote, just like your favorite photo from the gallery at https://woobox.com/i238fu. Voters can vote for a photo only once each day.
1st Place: The winner will receive a $25 gift card to Mugshots and be able to direct a $500 gift to their favorite Allegan County non-profit.
2nd Place: The winner will receive a $25 gift card to Mugshots and be able to direct a $250 gift to their favorite Allegan County non-profit.
3rd Place: The winner will receive a $25 gift card to Mugshots and be able to direct a $100 gift to their favorite Allegan County non-profit.
Winners will be announced on October 3rd and contacted via email.
ACCF wants all photographers to know that by submitting a photo, they attest to the fact that the photo is theirs and does not infringe any other person’s or entity’s rights. They also grant ACCF a royalty-free right in perpetuity to:
- Display the photograph on the ACCF website.
- Use the photograph on the Internet and in social media in support of our mission.
- Use the photograph in the ACCF’s internal and external communications materials including physical and digital, not limited to web sites and web publications, fact sheets, fundraising publications, advertising, multimedia, presentation, and annual report.
- Provide your photograph to other individuals and organizations for ACCF – related use in news stories, newsletters, reports, slide shows, displays, web pages, videos, and the like.
- Consent to ACCF’s use of your name in any list of winners (if applicable) and for promotional purposes in any media without further payment or consideration.
The Contest is open, now it is up to county residents to open their eyes and cameras to capture the stories of Allegan County.