Douglas Elementary School’s sixth annual PTO-sponsored Walk-a-Thon Thursday and Friday, Oct. 6 and 7, will raise funds for:
- Swim lessons for all second and third graders,
- The school’s healthy snack program,
- Field trips,
- Classroom books,
- Game day, holiday celebrations and activities,
- The family dance,
- Supplemental school supplies,
- Teacher and staff appreciation,
- Screen free week,
- Kids Big Idea,
- Visiting artist program,
- Eloquence Day,
- Field Day,
- The school garden,
- Playground equipment,
Students started raising funds following a kickoff ceremony Sept. 19. Upcoming:
- The Thursday, Oct. 6 Walk-a-Thon at the Saugatuck Middle-High School football field from 5 to 7 p.m.
- A Friday, 12:15 p.m. parade from the school through downtown Douglas and back; and
- A pie-face assembly back in the building that day at 1:30 p.m.
The DES Parent Teacher Organization is an established 501c3 nonprofit. For more information visit the schools’ website.