Clare County Review & Marion Press News

Marion school millage passes

By John Raffel

MARION –The Marion Village Council had a meeting on Monday night and president Flora Grundy said the village is in the process of hiring an ordinance enforcement officer, and several tickets have been issued for blight in town.
“The water project is on schedule and moving along,” Grundy said. “At the meeting last night we awarded the three construction contracts for the project. We are expected to begin phase one in September of this year. The project is funded by 75 percent grant monies from the DWSRF (Drinking water state revolving fund) and the other 25 percent must come from the Village’s water account.]
“The Village is going from quarterly water billing to monthly billing beginning October 1, 2023 and customers will see a slight rate increase in the water portion of their bill. A letter will be sent to all water customers with regard to this.”
Grundy said Old Fashion Days this year was a huge success.
“The Chamber does an amazing job putting this on, and each year it gains more momentum,” she said. “They are always in need of more volunteer’s and have meetings on the second Tuesday of each month at 6 p.m. at the Village Hall, if you would like to get involved.”
Grundy said beginning Saturday, August 12, a swap meet/farmer’s market will be hosted in the Dart Propane parking lot.
“This will continue the 2nd and 4th Saturday each month through the end of October from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.,Grundy said. “Anyone who has something they would like to sell can just show up that morning and set up a booth. It is a first come first serve for space.
“The campground reservations can now be made online at
The next regular meeting will be on Sept. 11, at 7 p.m. at the Village Hall.

Leave a Reply