By Jason Wesseldyk
After seeing its 2020 season cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Plainwell Music Society resumed its Summer Concert Series last year with 10 Thursday evenings of music.
This year, the Music Society has done one better.
A total of 11 shows are on the schedule for 2022, beginning the Plainwell High School jazz band and choir on Thursday, May 25.
All shows take place at the Plainwell Band Shell at 205 Anderson St. along the river in downtown Plainwell. Shows begin at 7 p.m.
The remaining shows are as follows:
- June 1: River Cities Concert Band
- June 8: Zion Lion (Reggae Band)
- June 15: Blue Water Ramblers (Life’s Music)
- June 22: Out Of Favor Boys (Blues Band)
- June 29: The Legend Lives On … (Gordon Lightfoot Tribute Band)
- July 6: Otsego Jazz Ensemble
- July 13: Michael Snell Band (Acoustic Folk)
- July 20: Dave’s At 7:00 (Americana and Radio Hits)
- July 27: The Distractions
- August 3: Schlitz Creek (Bluegrass Band)
All concerts open to the public and free. Attendees are reminded to bring a lawn chair or blanket. In case of rain, an alternate site will be announced on WQXC (100.9 FM)/WAKV (980 AM) at 4 p.m. the afternoon of the concert.